Wednesday 14 March 2012

Sailing....

Its all very well and good preparing boats and fetteling, but nothing beats a day on the water. I've had a brief break from organising the Yawl to go sailing today. I decided to have an explore and sailed from Starcross to Exmounth to Topsham and back to Starcross. Excellent force 3 conditions just enough to get fully out on the wire downwind and had a great broad-reach with spinaker for about 2/3 of the estuary.

I probably won't sail the skiff into Topsham for a while as its very hard to judge the sand banks, until I'm better versed with navigation in the North of the estuary I'll do best to look after my poor racing foils :  )




On the way home from the sailing club I picked up four Inspection hatch covers to go on DY 171's tanks and four U-bolts to stay her mizzen. Engine service is booked and the little 2.5hp mercury should be ready early next week. 

All in all a good day!

Rich

No comments:

Post a Comment